Call us at (214) 631-4646
Immigration Law
Immigration Law

The Law Office of John Nwosu, PLLC provides immigration legal services in a cost-effective and client-centered environment. Our office handles family-based immigration applications, waiver cases, consular processing, immigration court cases, detained cases, BIA Appeals and Federal court litigation and appeals. We work with individuals and families throughout the United States and abroad to find innovative solutions to complex immigration and nationality issues.

Family-Based Immigration Applications

If you have any family members who are U.S. citizens or would like to marry a U.S. citizen and obtain a green card through your spouse, you may either already be a U.S. citizen or we may be able to assist you in obtaining a green card through your U.S. citizen-family member. We understand that this can be a very complicated process and will try to make it as easy as possible for you.

  • Immigrant Relative Petitions
  • Fiancé Visa Applications, Adjustment of Status (Green Card) Applications
  • Immigrant Visa Applications (Consular Processing)
  • Naturalization (Citizenship) Applications
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Applications
  • Petitions for Removal of Conditions on Residence
  • Applications for Certificates of Citizenship
  • Work Permit Applications
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
  • Green Card Renewals
  • U.S. Passport Applications and others

Deportation and Removal Defense

If you, or a family member, are facing deportation or removal proceedings before an immigration judge in an immigration court, we can assist you in your defense against the allegations.

Naturalization and Citizenship

If you want to receive all the benefits that U.S. citizenship has to offer, our immigration lawyers can assist you in the naturalization and citizenship process.


If you feel that you will be persecuted if you were to return to your country of origin, we may be able to help you remain in the United States based on Asylum.

International Adoptions

More and more people are choosing to adopt to expand their families and oftentimes they choose to adopt a child who lives in a foreign country. The process can be lengthy and often complicated, but we are able to help simplify and clarify this process so that you can be with your adopted child as soon as possible.

Waivers of Inadmissibility

Securing waivers based on fraud, prior deportation, J-1 restricted visas, certain medical conditions, unlawful presence, as well as other grounds of inadmissibility is an intricate part of our practice and we are able to assist you with these waivers if this is something that you are required to file prior to getting approved for lawful permanent residence (green card).

Battered Spouses of U.S. citizens and green card holders

If you are a battered spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may be able to self petition for your lawful permanent residence (green card). We can determine your eligibility and assist you in building your case.

Students, Trainees and Other Exchange Visitor Visas

If you want to study in the United States or to work here temporarily as a student or exchange visitor, we can explain to you the options available and determine which may be best for you.

Fiancé Visas & Green Cards

If you met someone from a foreign country and have become engaged to him or her and now would like that person to come live with you here in the United States, we can help you to obtain the necessary visa for your loved one and his or her child (child must be under 21 years of age).Attorney John Nwosu can answer your immigration questions and help you obtain your Green Card. We provide immigration assistance no matter what kind of immigration case you may have.

Waiver Cases

  • Waivers of Unlawful Presence (I-601)
  • Permission to Reapply for Admission after Deportation or Removal (I-212)
  • Waivers for Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude
  • Fraud Waivers
  • Health-Related Waivers and others

Immigration Court Cases and BIA Appeals

  • Bond Hearings
  • Cancellation of Removal
  • Asylum
  • Withholding of Removal
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Applications
  • Adjustment of Status
  • Waivers
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
  • Convention Against Torture (CAT)
  • Appeals of Immigration Judge Decisions and others

Federal Court Litigation and Appeals

  • Naturalization and Green Card Delay Cases
  • Petitions for Writ of Mandamus
  • Petitions for Declaratory Judgment
  • Petitions for Writ of Habeas Corpus
  • Appeals to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals

About the Author


Our Office :